UNIT – 6 RAY OPTICS AND OPTICAL INSTRUMENTS: CHAPTER – 9 RAY OPTICS CLASS-12 PDF . It consists of Handwritten notes which has detail explanation about the NCERT SYLLABUS . The information provided in this notes will definitely help student community . The Explanation provided in the pdf might look descriptive but I assure you this will definitely help you to understand the concepts clearly and easily.
RAY OPTICS Class-12 pdf consists of the following topics:
Definition of Reflection of light , Laws of Reflection, laws of Refraction . Snell’s law, Refractive index, Spherical mirrors, Concave mirror , Convex mirrors, Relation between focal length and radius of curvature of spherical mirror, Mirror equation of concave mirror, Lateral magnification, axial magnification, Aerial magnification. Refraction through glass slab.
Real and Apparent Depth, Total internal reflection, Critical angle , Relation between critical angle and Refractive index, Application of Total internal Reflection. Optical fibres, uses of Optical fibers. Spherical surface, Refraction at spherical surface, and its applications, optical fibres.
Lenses, Different types of Lens, thin lens formula, lens maker’s formula. Magnification, power of a lens, combination of thin lenses in contact. Refraction of light through a prism. Prism , Calculation of angle of Deviation, Angle of minimum deviation and Prism formula, Dispersion by a Prism.
Scattering of light, Rayleigh’s Law of Scattering, Optical instruments, Simple Microscope Compound Microscope. Magnifying power or Angular Magnification .Astronomical telescopes (reflecting and refracting) and their magnifying powers.
FORMULAE USED IN RAY OPTICS :
The last section consists of all the formulae which are used in the entire chapter as a result solving numerical becomes easy.
PLEASE KINDLY NOTE:
- Your feedbacks are more valuable.
- If you like the content and information please do comment and share with your friends.
- Kindly suggest any improvements needed .
- Please go through my other articles too , I am sure you will definitely like it.
- Subscribe to my website (learnatsuhasinishinde.com)
- Handwritten pdf notes for entire NCERT PHYSICS class-12 is provided on my website please do check out .
CHECK OUT MY OTHER HANDWRITTEN PDF TOO:
- ELECTROSTATIC POTENTIAL AND CAPACITANCE
- CURRENT ELECTRICITY
- ELECTRIC CHARGES AND FIELDS
- MOVING CHARGES AND MAGNETISM
- MAGNETISM AND MATTE
- ALTERNATING CURRENTS
- ELECTROMAGNETIC INDUCTION